The 2012 Philippine Toy Con Report

I have attended the second day of the Philippine Toy Convention 2012 at the Mega Trade Hall in Megamall last Saturday. It was a lot of fun for a 100 pesos ticket. There were toys (of course), cosplay, and lots of swag.

Told you: Swag.

Read more after the jump.


Before going to the conference hall to see the exhibit I saw the empire goons patrolling the area. Looks like they found the droid they were looking.
Great. Now Ben would never get his email. But Vader's there.
Just pull down his pants and he is as docile as a... limbless human? I really need to hire someone to write my jokes.

So back at the conference hall we have different clubs and artists. We also have exhibits from last year returning but with new additions (You can see photos of the last Toy Con here.) They even have Panday and Thor. I should have better equipment next year because taking pictures of white materials is a pain with flash.
Customs, mods and just mouth-watering toys galore! There are also some block heads that got more than just a bucket of bricks to make a Star Destroyer.
There are also some collectibles to be found. I really liked the old swag you can get from Coca Cola during the 90's. They should bring those back.



The exhibition is a great walk through your childhood. You know, counting the toys you had or wish you had or still had and speaking of toys you wish you had; somebody brought in the grand-daddy of big toys: The U.S.S. FLAGG! 6 feet of G.I. Joe Awesomeness.
This thing today costs around 900 bucks (38,700 Philippine Pesos!). Nerd lust meet nerd jealousy. Pictures of it can be found here.

I would like to thank the organizers of the Philippine Toy Con and their sponsors. Especially Intel for the swanky mug I would use at work from now on, Freego for the canister I'm using as storage for my art brushes and other tools plus the labels I would be using as bookmarks (I'm resourceful), Sky Cable for the nifty speakers which I wonder on why it was sticky, Taga-Ilog for Pasig comics, Amped for the keychain and baller bracelets which I never tried to understand the point (It's rubber bracelets people!), Rockstar for the stickers, and DC for the Dark Knight keychain and the comic.

Again the links for the galleries where I placed other pictures not posted here:



Click to open them up dudes.

Comments