Unsupervised Children's Parkour at Delpan UPDATE

Hi! This is an update on the blog post I made last Sunday July 8, 2012. If you're expecting the infrastructure are still there, I wish that we live in your fantasies. It is still there, children are still climbing up on it. It still is making a loud racket. I would just give the results of me nosing around some more.

First thing, nobody died on the thing. The thing is, somebody nearly died and everyone thought the kid was dead. He/she wasn't. Here's what happened: The kid swung the swing so high and fast that he/she fell off. After the kid fell he sat up just to have a whole steel swing smack into his/her face. Not only did it hit the kid's face but buried itself in it. The swing was stuck in the kid's face according to my sources. It's not a pretty story.

Second thing. The number of injured still fluctuates from person to person. With some saying 2-3 and one source saying more than 10. I asked around if it was because there were so many kids that got hurt that everyone just stopped counting. I got no response.

Third thing. There was somebody who tried to live in those things and got booted out. The person who cooked some rice under one of those pipes turns out to be a resident occupying a unit beside the playground. I asked why they were cooking rice there, I was answered they don't know.

Fourth thing. I was told by everyone I asked that nobody in the tenement wanted the playground. Sure, children in the building can have fun on the slides but after the accidents happened, no one in the tenement let their children play on it. The only ones playing on it are children from faraway places like Parola.

Fifth thing. I was told that the whole playground was constructed without the residents being asked about it. The neighborhood association for the tenement, I was told, was not informed until the day they began construction. I'm still going to have to talk to the president to verify this. He's not home last night which was the time I asked around some more about the playground.

To summarize: Went to ask around some more. Nobody dead. 1 kid with messed up face. Unconfirmed number of injuries. Public nuisance. Surprise construction.

Comments